Fished the Rogue River from 11:15 am to 12:00 pm on Thursday, March 16 2023. Location was downtown Rockford, Michigan, just below the dam. Had to get out before the rain and snowstorm came and it was a decent trip.
Talked to a couple of guys who had caught a steelhead. Did see another steelhead jump near the dam. But the fish were not in in large numbers. I did manage to catch a small steelhead with a spinner, however, I actually caught the line that the steelhead was hooked to. Please make sure that you’re not leaving that much line in the river. Also managed to catch a couple of brown trout plants. One was a fair size.
Watch Some Highlights
- Air temperature was 48 degrees
- Water temp was unknown (but cold)
- Water was clear and normal flow rate
- Sky was partly sunny but quickly became overcast
- Wind was steady with occasional gusts around 15 knots